Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Pose) is a simple asana with many health benefits. Unlike other poses, it can be performed after meals. Regular practice for at least 15-20 minutes immediately after meals improves digestion, relieves constipation, strengthens back and pelvic muscles to help in treating sciatica and back pain.
- Kneel with lower legs stretched straight backward and toes crossing each other.
- Gently lower your body and sit over the heels. Rest your buttocks and sit on the heels placing the thighs on the calf muscles.
- Place the hands on your knees and set your gaze forward with your head straight.
- Close your eyes, focus on your breath, and observe your inhalation and exhalation.
- Practice this position for 5 – 10 minutes in the initial days and increase gradually up to 20 – 30 minutes.
Avoid the pose if you have a knee problem or recent knee surgery. People with intestinal ulcers, hernias, and pregnant women should practice only under the supervision of an expert.
Stay healthy by imbibing these easy tips in your lifestyle…More to come, Stay tuned