Dhanurasana or Bow Pose helps to increase spinal strength and flexibility. It stretches and strengthens the entire front of the body, ankles, thighs and groins, chest, and abdominal organs. It also reduces belly fat.
Steps of Dhanurasana:
- Lie flat on the stomach with hands alongside the chest with palms facing upward.
- Exhale and bend the knees, bringing heels as close as you can to the buttocks. Reach back with hands and take hold of ankles. Make sure knees are not wider than the width of the hips.
- While inhaling raise the thighs, head, and chest as high as possible.
- Try to maintain the weight of the body on the lower abdomen. Join the ankles, look upwards, and breathe normally.
- While exhaling, bring down the head and legs up to the knee joint. Maintain this position if you can hold and slowly come back to the original position.
People suffering from migraine, serious neck or back injury, hypertension, menstruating or pregnant women should avoid this asana.
Stay healthy by imbibing these easy tips in your lifestyle…More to come, Stay tuned